About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 19 March 2017

Embossing

It's an embossing challenge over at International Art and Soul so break out the embossing folders and crack open the embossing powder and see what springs to mind.

I've used both heat and dry embossing on this birthday card.  I've heat embossed the focal image, a stamp from Bee Crafty {Great delivery service, my stamps reached me in record time, wouldn't rate the customer service though as they failed to reply to me contacting them and well I admit I was disappointed that following the instructions on the stamps meant that the first one is now stained with ink that nothing will remove and is forever useless to use with clear or white embossing powder}, I do love the uniqueness of these stamps.

I've also popped some dry embossing on to the sides, as it's a stepper card, painted with H2O's.  These can be tricky to make and it took me several attempts before I got it right, however I recommend trying it with paper first and once you have the folds in the right place, keep that as a template.


4 comments:

  1. Your card is great, Sall, you're very brave to attempt a stepper! I tend to stick to plain and simple. lol Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super creation Sall and awesome examples of both wet and dry embossing :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sall, this card is such fun. A great job of using embossing on it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall